This is a belated pool build thread because the pool has been completed for 3 weeks now. Along with the new pool, I demolished and old porch and re-built it to cover a larger area, and with new deck (pavers vs. concrete).
I didn't come across this forum until a few days before the pool was going to be completed, but based on the reading I've done since then it appears like my PB knew what they were doing and did things the right way. They are highly rated in this area and do only custom pools and renovation (no new home construction pools).
- Approximately 14,285 gallons
- 13'x29' Rectangle with 13' x 4' Sun Shelf (shallow end)
- 3' to 6.5' Depth with ~1' Depth Sun Shelf (full 9-10" of water depth)
- 2 Parascope Bubblers on Sun Shelf
- Screen Room Enclosure
- Magic Marcite Aqua Pearl Mini Pebble Interior in Bimini Blue
- 1 x Pentair IntelliFlo VS 011018 Pump
- 1 x Pentair Clean & Clear RP 200 Cartridge Filter
- 1 x Pentair IntelliChor IC40 Salt Water Chlorine Generator
- 1 x Pentair IntelliBrite 5G LED
- Intermatic MultiWave Automation System (PE653 Receiver, PE953 Remote, PA122 Water Temp Sensor, 178PA28 Air Temp Sensor, PE20000 Load Center)
- Hayward AquaNaut 200 Suction Cleaner
- 2 10" Anti-Vortex Main Drains w/3" Piping
- 1 Skimmer w/ 3" Piping (stepped down at skimmer)
- 1 Dedicated Suction Port for Cleaner w/2" Piping (stepped down at entry into pool)
- 2 Parascope Bubblers on Sun Shelf w/2" Piping
- 3 Returns w/2.5" Piping (single loop around pool, stepped down at entry into pool)
Pool construction was completed in 5 weeks and 1 day. I had zero weather delays (highly unusual, especially for the time of year in FL with daily rain) or other delays of any kind. I also kept the PB construction supervisor on his toes. I work from home so every time a job was completed I would let the construction supervisor now. This easily eliminates a weeks worth of time because there was no waiting on him to get to the site to check things out, or for me to give him an update after getting home from work, etc.
There are still a few remaining items: Additional grading as we ran out of dirt to grade things the way I would prefer, and then sod. I also need to install the ceiling for my porch. I will also be running multi-colored remote controlled LED light strips around the screen room perimeter.
I had just finished construction on putting an addition on my house (bedroom for my daughter) about 1 month prior to pool construction starting, and the house still needs to be painted, so excuse the look of the exterior.