Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mounting outdoor wireless transceiver

1. Back To Top    #1

Mounting outdoor wireless transceiver

I will be installing the same transceiver. The most convenient place for me to mount the unit would be on the side of the plastic enclosure that contained my old Compool LX-10 (now upgraded to Easy Touch). The receiver will be in a room next to the enclosure, about 12 feet from the transceiver and through a drywall/stucco wall. Being that my link distance is very short, I wonder if the power electrical circuits in my plastic enclosure would interfere with the signal. Any thoughts before I do this install? I could install a metal plate which is grounded between the enclosure and the transceiver if interference becomes an issue.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mounting outdoor wireless transceiver

Because of the short distance between the transmitter and receiver you should be fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Mounting outdoor wireless transceiver

Thank you, JasonLion. That will save me from having to trench through the maze of stuff under my enclosure.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.