Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Easy Touch time out mode Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Pentair Easy Touch time out mode Question

In regards to the time out and service modes on the easy touch, how does that work? If I put the easy touch in service or time out mode and turn the filter on, nothing happens. Is there a time delay? Is there a setting? I seem to remember using these modes before. Our 3 year warranty will be up soon so I'm just wondering if we should have the builder come out and look at it. Thanks for any advice and/or input.
    26,000 IG, pebble tec, flagstone, pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter & VS+SVRS 3hp multi-speed pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Booster Cleaner, spillover spa, waterfall, Taylor K-2006 testkit
    [It is better to know how to learn, than to know. - Dr. Seuss[/I]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Easy Touch time out mode Question

If you have an IntelliFlo, when the EasyTouch is in either service or timeout mode the pump can be controlled directly from the controls mounted on the pump. The controls on the EasyTouch will not turn on the pump in either of those modes.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    If you have an IntelliFlo, when the EasyTouch is in either service or timeout mode the pump can be controlled directly from the controls mounted on the pump. The controls on the EasyTouch will not turn on the pump in either of those modes.
    hmmm, I see, so basic question coming, but where might the controls on the pump be? I don't recall ever seeing any controls. Our box says:

Service: Service buttons on the panel operate system. Other remote devices disabled.
    Time Out: Service buttons on the panel operate equipment for three hours, then settings return to auto mode.

so from these directions, it sounds like the panel should control the pump, right?
    26,000 IG, pebble tec, flagstone, pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter & VS+SVRS 3hp multi-speed pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Booster Cleaner, spillover spa, waterfall, Taylor K-2006 testkit

4. Back To Top    #4

The behavior of the Filter Pump button in service/timeout mode is different for single/dual speed pumps vs variable speed pumps. The instructions you quoted are correct for single/dual speed pumps. But with a variable speed pump service/timeout mode logically disconnects the EasyTouch from the pump, allowing the controls directly on the pump to function, while the controls on the EasyTouch stop affecting the pump for as long as you remain in service/timeout mode.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you so much. So where can I find these controls on the pump?

6. Back To Top    #6

An IntelliFlo has a box mounted on top of the motor with a small display and a couple of buttons. The box has a hinged lid, which should flip open easily.

7. Back To Top    #7

Pentair Easy Touch time out mode Question

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    An IntelliFlo has a box mounted on top of the motor with a small display and a couple of buttons. The box has a hinged lid, which should flip open easily.
    I found that box! Thank you! I'm learning so much about my pool, which is currently flooding BTW . Now to
    Figure out how to use that panel

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, BIG rains moving through today and tonight. All of Pentair's owner/install manuals are available online in PDFs if you don't have it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Pogueld View Post
    I found that box! Thank you! I'm learning so much about my pool, which is currently flooding BTW . Now to
    Figure out how to use that panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are some very informative videos on YouTube for learning your easy touch panel
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks! My pool school continues!!

11. Back To Top    #11

When you find the control box flip it open. If you are wanting to run your pump at low speed for example.. do this:
    Press SPEED 1, the LED button should come on
    Bottom row, 3rd button press START/STOP
    If you want to increase the speed, press the UP ARROW.
    When you are finished, bottom row 3rd button press START/STOP

A short cut for cleaning, adding chemicals etc, you'll want to run the high speed:
    Bottom row, 1st button is QUICK CLEAN
    Press 3rd button over START/STOP
    When you are done press START/STOP

Hope that helps!

Good luck - the storms messed my pool up too!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

12. Back To Top    #12

Thank you!!!