Jandy 1400 to Aquarite Conversion

dayhiker

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2008
Pell City, AL
I'm changing my Jandy system to Hayward Aquarite. The Hayward cell is the same length as the Jandy. They are both for 2" plumbing. That's even better. The problem is that the Jandy has a bigger fitting that connects to it's cell than the Aquarite one does. I am very tight room due to existing elbows and the like, so once I start cutting, I wind up replacing a world of things. Is anyone aware of an adapter to make the Aquarite cell threads work with an existing Jandy fitting? I will take a photo and post it when I go home for lunch shortly.

THanks

The end closer to the filter is going to be challenging. I can't think of any way to do that without also replacing at least the two fittings above the SWG. The further end doesn't look bad, that will just require replacing the one 90.

If there is not an adapter that will go from a Jandy to Aqua fitting, then is there a piece that can go in where the cell is currently located without any cutting? I guess I could leave the old cell there. Image left there is an elbow. Once it makes that turn, I have about a 20" or so straight section where I can put the new cell and sensor.

May I ask why you switched from the Jandy? It would have been a direct swap?

That 90 before the generator looks like a waste line PVC, not SCH 40.

Can you post a pic of what is upstream of the top right of the picture? Looks like a Tee for the Polaris, which can come after the generator, and a repair sleeve?

I have replaced 3 flow sensors in the 8 years I have had it. Last year, instead of buying another flow sensor, I bought a whole cell. By the end of the summer, I then started getting warning codes. Either the front, back, or both boards are out. I am just tired of constantly replace Jandy swg parts. It seemed like Hayward has better reliability.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, I tried to work through the board issues with Jandy last summer. Unless you're a pool professional, they won't even talk to you. I was told to get the pool professional to call them back instead.

I have replaced 3 flow sensors in the 8 years I have had it. Last year, instead of buying another flow sensor, I bought a whole cell. By the end of the summer, I then started getting warning codes. Either the front, back, or both boards are out. I am just tired of constantly replace Jandy swg parts. It seemed like Hayward has better reliability.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, I tried to work through the board issues with Jandy last summer. Unless you're a pool professional, they won't even talk to you. I was told to get the pool professional to call them back instead.

Yea, but there are only 2 or 3 parts and the boards are pretty cheap. I just had to replace the transformer and board in mine because of a melted plug. 160 dollars later and my SWG works great. You are right though, Jandy is useless for tech support.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did call Hayward to try and see if there was an adapter. THey told me to go to Home Depot. HD isn't going to have anything like this. Does such an adapter exist? I been searching for "bushings," online but no luck yet.

I talked with a plumber friend and he was the one that said it was a bushing. I have found parts that were threaded inside and out like I would need, but with a 3.5" ID on the big part and 3.25" OD on the Hayward, 1/8" thickness doesn't leave anything for threads. I was never able to find any dimensions on the Aquarite before ordering. I did download their installation manual and owners manual. These type of conflicts are so frustrating. Last summer my pump died. I bought another Jandy, but went multispeed this time. It made a big deal about having an adpater to fit various other brands. I bought it. It didn't match the existing Jandy layout I had. I had to cut a fair amount of plumbing to make the new Jandy work with the old Jandy.

If I may add some info here. You need a minimum of 12 inches of straight pipe if the flow switch is installed before the cell. If you are installing the flow switch after the cell, you can count the cell in this measurement meeting the minimum requirement of 12 inches. I can't see your flow switch but perhaps this may have led to the flow switch error codes/troubles you have experienced ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.