Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New gazebo install

1. Back To Top    #1

New gazebo install

The pad (500 sq/ft) is all about done, the area on the right by the sunroom is a future spot for the outdoor kitchen.
    The pad will be acid stained to simulate natural stone appearance.

Gazebo is a Costco 16x14.5 all aluminum unit.

Also doing a stepping stone pathway that will wrap around the house to the patio and a small 8x8 utility pavers patio out back of the garage.

I will post updates as progress happens.

19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New gazebo install

That is a very nice looking project! Just in time for summer.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

New gazebo install

Been meaning to post some updates, just no time...
    In any case the project is about half way done, the next step is acid staying the pad (samples should be showing up today) and then putting up the gazebo itself.

The pad as its stands right now. It's a step up from the patio on that side and pretty much ground level on the other side.

My design one the "tie in" between the pavers and concrete, but also doubles up as drainage. (There's a dry well in the right corner, under the big rocks that ties into the French draining for the all the downspouts.

We've cut down two pines there, but left the long stumps. The wife is working up a design )) suggestions welcomed ))

Also, we did the bluestone walking stone pathway that lead around the front, from the driveway to the back yard. Came out nicely and the grass started to come out good in between the stones.

and finally, as I have quite a few old pavers sitting around, I had the contractor lay a small 8x8 patio out back of the garage where we keep the trash and such. They pretty much through in that labor for free which was nice.

So the next big thing is staining the concrete pad. Been watching video and reading up on that for the past few weeks.
    Will post updates as they come.

19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

4. Back To Top    #4

New gazebo install

So.. I've been meaning to post more pics as I finished this project last summer, just hadn't had time, a lot of other things going on as usual.

But, better late then never, so here we go.

Acid stained the patio and finished landscaping.

Gazebo is up. Took half of afternoon and 3 people. Very nicely made. It's now sat through the winter and looks just as good, very happy with the quality. There were some heavy rains, so the the darker spots you,see on the deck are wet spots and there were also some mud running off from the top, so I ended up adding in more drainage under the mulch behind the gazebo.

Also ran the electrical for,the fan/light and the tv.

Finished product!

Next project - ODK. Starting now!

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice....
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

6. Back To Top    #6

I could see a hammock between the stumps!!!
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90