Plumbing for levolor k1100 auto fill

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
MY PB just laid the pipes for my Jandy Levolor K1100 Autofill, and I am curious about something. I had envisioned that the water bib from the side of my house would be connected to the pool, but this structure is much different. From my house hose bib (see picture), the pipe runs to the pad (see picture). IMG_1637 - Copy.jpg IMG_1638.jpg At the pad it runs straight across where it has a black valve of some sought and then continues where it has a circular grey thing (see picture). It then continues on to the pipe feeding my deep end returns (see picture). IMG_1638.jpgIMG_1641.jpg

The autofill has a pipe inside the pool that looks like a return pipe and that pipe also runs to the pad, where it is sticking straight up out of the groun, but it's not connected to anything.

I suspect the PB did this right, but does anyone understand how this strcuture works?

Thanks

I can't answer whether it was done right, but my PB roughs in the auto-fill and it is up to me to get a plumber to connect it to the hose bib. The reason given to me was that the hose bib is fed by the same line that feeds the house and the PB is not a plumber and doesn't want the responsibility. I can still use it so that I don't have to drag a water hose to the pool, but it will not auto fill unless I get a plumber to finish the installation.

:shock: I hope you have a digital electric meter because the ones with a spinning dial may not be able to handle the power to run all those pumps :mrgreen:

I can not follow anything in your pictures.

That auto-fill looks like it uses a sensor to open a solenoid to add water to the pool (apparently near the equipment pad). Unlike most auto-fills that just have a mechanical float valve near the pool to add water as needed.

You need to be sure there is a backflow prevention device in place to avoid pool water contamination in your house ... that is likely going to be installed near the house.

One PB told me they would hook it up to the sprinklers but I would have to get a plumber to hook it up to the house if that's what I wanted. But my PB agreed to hook it up to my house. During the contract phase I added to my Rider that this included a backflow preventer but my PB noticed my insertion and said that would be $100 more. I told him that surprised me since I believed that would be required by Code but he said they hook them up without it. Anyway I agreed to pay the $100. The second and third pictures just show the pipe from my hose bin running across the pad behind the other pipes. It then connects to my Return pipe. I don't follow your comment about not having power to run all the pumps because the auto fill is only connected to the deep end return. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.