Florida Gem Streaking?

Apr 19, 2015
Palm City, Florida
Hi - New to this great website, and learning so much. We are talking to PB's and one just recently told us that if we choose a Florida Gem pool finish that has a color, they will expect us to sign a waiver/release because it will streak. Is that accurate? We were thinking about Florida Gem's version of Tahoe Blue because of the water color. We did not hear this requirement from the other PB's we spoke to. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP,

Darker finishes inherently streak and mottle more. Nature of the darker finishes. The more skilled the applicator the less you'll see. I havent heard of this brand, but perhaps they know it to be problematic. I would ask them what other brands they use in the same type/color range they don't ask a waiver for. If they don't come up with one, I would look for another applicator. That's what I would do if it were me.

There are tons of options out there and surely another brand you can find a suitable color in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.