Opened Pool and SPA and a SPA plug was out of hole

The pool has not been started yet. The pool builder will be out very shortly. Do you think this has created any problems. We had a horribly cold winter in the Philadelphia area. Also, there was water in the SPA just above the level of the plugs.

I am hoping a pipe did not burst.

Thanks for your thoughts.

There is certainly a chance for pipes to crack when they are not either blown out completely or have some RV antifreeze added to them. The only way to know is to get water in there and get it circulating and see if the water level holds. Is this a suction hole or a return hole?

Well, if the water level was still above this hole when the pool was opened and everything is thawed out, you likely don't have a broken pipe. If there was a break/burst, the water level would be below or right at the unplugged opening.

Well, if the water level was still above this hole when the pool was opened and everything is thawed out, you likely don't have a broken pipe. If there was a break/burst, the water level would be below or right at the unplugged opening.

The pool and spa are now up and running. So far, no issues. The next 24 to 48 hours will be telling, but looks like smooth sailing (too cold for swimming).

I noticed the the return hole in the spa that lost the plug has much less flow than the other 7 return holes. On all other 7 I can see air bubbles, but not in this last hole. Is it possible for their to be a small leak but since it is encased in concrete then the water will still move through the hole, but at a reduced rate?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.