Replacing Intex Pool

Aug 26, 2012
Liberty, Tx.
We have had an Intex 20' x 48" for almost 5 years now. The top rails have rusted to a point where it is not safe. So we have decided to get the Intex 22' x 52". When we put it up 5 years ago we did like the DVD said. We found a flat spot and through down the tarp and put pool up. Didn't remove grass or try to level. To my surprise it was within 1" of level all the way around. Now the support legs have sank into the ground about 4". Plus under the pool has sank below ground level.

My plan of attack is to take a roto tiller and till a 4" deep 3 foot wide strip all the way around. Then level to low point from the center. I will be using 6" x 6" pavers under the support legs this time. Does this sound like the easiest way to go about this project? I know the pavers need to be flush with the ground, but what does everyone do if level leaves the paver just sitting on the ground? How do you protect the liner from the edge of the paver?

Tilling will fluff up the soil which is not good because it will settle again. Soil under the pool needs to be compacted. But, after 5 years with a pool sitting there you should be good to go now. Putting pavers under the uprights is probably all I would do at this point. Oh, and enjoy the new pool! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.