Poolblaster Doesn't work anymore, Help?

Apr 23, 2015
Atlanta
This topic was split from This topic about battery replacement Mod~Patrick B

Hello
My PoolBlaster Max does not work anymore. I have some difficulties to understand if the problem is due to motor or battery.
One one side, it appears the battery only delivers 3VDC. I do not know why, as I left it several days on the charger
On the other side, if charger is plugged in, and if I switch on (by pushing the switch with finger), motor does not work at all.
Any idea of the culprit?

Thanks

Many devices don't allow the charger to directly power the unit for safety reasons or to prevent damage.

You either have a bad battery or a bad charger. Or maybe both. Your charger should put out a hair more than 10V. Check that first, and if it is good you can assume your battery is bad. Those chargers will destroy a battery pack if it is left on too long.

I have a pool blaster max that I bought last year. One day it just went off with no warning and wouldn't turn back on. I went to their website and did an online chat.

I explained what happened and also that I had taken very good care of it and followed all instructions.

They asked for the serial number and we're able to tell by the number that it was still under warranty. I had only had it a few months.

They gave me a return authorization number and I boxed it up and sent it in. I had to pay for shipping.

A few weeks later I got it back. They replaced the motor and from what I can tell on the paperwork they upgraded the motor to the slightly "stronger" motor that comes in the CG model. They also sent a new charger.

It works perfectly now and I'm pretty sure it also runs longer off of a charge. I was vacuuming for 30 minutes + the day before yesterday before it started to run low.

I absolutely love it! I was very upset when it stopped working like that but the customer service was great and I only had to pay for the return shipping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.