Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Availibility of Taylor reagents in Canada

1. Back To Top    #1

Availibility of Taylor reagents in Canada

I usually order my reagents from piscines-apollo.com but I have been unable to access their website for awhile now so I am wondering if they are no longer in business. Any one else having this problem?

Any other suggestions for getting Taylor reagents, especially in larger volumes at a reasonable price here in Canada.

Thanks
    Deena
    http://www.lindbrookstargazer.ca
    100,000 liter IG vinyl liner
    Rolachem Chlorine & Muratic acid Auto feeders/Pool Perfect Auto feeder
    Pentair 30" filter (Tagelus) Sand filter/Centruion switchless pump 1.5/.25 HP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Availibility of Taylor reagents in Canada

I thought I recall reading that they were closing up shop. I know there was a member recently who found a company to buy specific reagents from. Try searching the forum.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

You might be forced to contact these people to find a dealer: http://www.lowryassociates.ca/
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Deena,

I've retired from Apollo Pools back in late September. I have a full time job in another industry and Apollo was more of a "part time" business, and it was taking more and more time away from family. I think service was suffering a bit because of this lack of time, I was only able to process orders very early in the morning or late in the evenings and sometimes even that was a challenge. Besides the orders there was the inventory control, billing, maintenance, basically requiring lots of time I didn't have anymore with the change in family dynamics. That being said I do have a few test kits still available as well as E, C and A sized reagents. Let me know what you need and I'll try to accomodate you. I can be reached by PM on this board (although I don't visit often) or on gmail as giroup01.

Many thanks,

Paul

5. Back To Top    #5

Makes me wonder how fresh the reagent is. Has it been sitting around since back in September?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by CaOCl2 View Post
    Hi Deena,

I've retired from Apollo Pools back in late September. I have a full time job in another industry and Apollo was more of a "part time" business, and it was taking more and more time away from family. I think service was suffering a bit because of this lack of time, I was only able to process orders very early in the morning or late in the evenings and sometimes even that was a challenge. Besides the orders there was the inventory control, billing, maintenance, basically requiring lots of time I didn't have anymore with the change in family dynamics. That being said I do have a few test kits still available as well as E, C and A sized reagents. Let me know what you need and I'll try to accomodate you. I can be reached by PM on this board (although I don't visit often) or on gmail as giroup01.

Many thanks,

Paul
    That's too bad Paul but I do understand family does need to come first. I must say that customer service from you never lacked. You helped me with so many things and answered any questions I had in a prompt manner. Your prices, too were the best.
    I think I have found someone more local but their prices sure are not comparable to yours. Best of luck in new adventures.
    Deena
    http://www.lindbrookstargazer.ca
    100,000 liter IG vinyl liner
    Rolachem Chlorine & Muratic acid Auto feeders/Pool Perfect Auto feeder
    Pentair 30" filter (Tagelus) Sand filter/Centruion switchless pump 1.5/.25 HP

7. Back To Top    #7

Anyone else know where to get reagents in Canada? Lowry's web site doesn't show FAS-DPD kits for residential.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

8. Back To Top    #8

So look in the commercial area of the website ... they must not think that we lowly homeowners would need such a kit
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

I did but on the Residential area there is a "Buy Residential Products" button. There is no buy button in the commercial area. But in either case I think you have to speak to someone as I don't think you can order online. How Amish of them!

How do we convince Taylor to break the Lowry monopoly in Canada?
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels