I've been fighting algae with shock treatment, but because my CYA is in the 120 range, it takes a lot of CL. I'd like to try the BioActive product, but I see this warning " It is important to note, that your chlorine will attack the active ingredient in Bio-Active, so make sure your chlorine is at normal levels, around 2 - 6 PPM. " So now I must first get my FC down and I'm not sure how to do this. Seems to be a vicious circle. HIgh CYA requires huge FC to kill algae, but CYA reduction requires low FC.
Anyone have experience with Jack's Magic chlorine reducer? Just based on cost it looks better than the chlorine neutralizer sold by Leslie's