good to replace pumps with Motors?

Apr 20, 2015
Flower Mound, TX
I have concluded that I need to replace my Motor and I'm wondering if I should replace the pool pump as well. Pump is a 1HP Whisperflo (WF-24). I don't know how old these parts are. I can't make sense of what's left of the tags/stickers and serial numbers. I can post pictures if needed.

I will be purchasing a 1HP 2green motor from Century as that was recommended on some other threads I found.

My question is that when a Motor goes out, is there any parallels that would say the Pump is going to fail soon as well? Since I'm going to be "under the hood" that's why I want to fix everything pro-actively if I can.

thanks all!
Alex

The pump will last a LONG time, there is not much to go wrong. You can go ahead and replace all the seals (you need at least the shaft seal) that are found in "go kits".

However, I would HIGHLY suggest you upgrade to a 2-speed version of your existing motor as it will save you a lot of $ on electricity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.