Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help identifying this skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help identifying this skimmer

I have 2 "regular" skimmer baskets and then a 3rd one that looks like this. It is a clear plastic lid with a handle, and two brackets that lock it in place. The lid sits on a rubber seal (which is worn now). I don't find much debris in it and way at the bottom I see a plumbing junction.
    30k Gal, IG, PebbleTec, Jandy: CL460 Cartridge Filter, SHPM2.0 Pump (Filter+Spa), SHPM1.5 (Waterfall), spill-over SPA, PLC1400 SWG, LXi400 Heater. Polaris Caretaker Infloor Cleaning system, Jandy PDA-PS-8 remote, Taylor K-2006 Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help identifying this skimmer

I don't have one of those, but was just reading the thread I linked below and they are talking about a "leaf catcher" or a vacuum hole that has a glass lid that you lift out....maybe someone on that thread knows that this is.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lumbing-set-up

Sandra
    18,000 gallon freeform inground plaster
    Jandy 1.5 hp pump & .75 hp booster pump
    Aquapure SWG
    Pentair Triton II sand filter
    Legend pressure-side vacuum

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need help identifying this skimmer

You are right, I researched it and it appears to be a Polaris LeafTrapper connected to my Caretaker In-floor cleaning system.
    30k Gal, IG, PebbleTec, Jandy: CL460 Cartridge Filter, SHPM2.0 Pump (Filter+Spa), SHPM1.5 (Waterfall), spill-over SPA, PLC1400 SWG, LXi400 Heater. Polaris Caretaker Infloor Cleaning system, Jandy PDA-PS-8 remote, Taylor K-2006 Test kit