Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inside pool discolor and value question

1. Back To Top    #1

Inside pool discolor and value question

Hello - as I'm waiting on my test kit I did some cleaning. I notice my pool had a touch of yellow and green. I pour some algae clean and scrub the shell of the pool... I notice the shell of the pool is very discolor.

What can I do to make the shell of the pool white? I scrub the pool a few times, but still a little brown here and there...

Also, I did an inspection of the pool equipment and notice a nob broken from the value... The pool pressure is at 10 and I think it should be above that.. The jets are very weak. Any help please...

The pool 13K gallons

Attachment 35593

Attachment 35592

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inside pool discolor and value question

Forget whatever "algea scrub" is ... you just need to use bleach.
    The remedy for the stains depends on the cause of the stain. Does it brush off? Does a vitamin C tablet lighten the stain? Does a trichlor puck lighten the stain?

That knob is a place for adding grease I think. Not sure if you need the cap or not, I would think so.

Why do you think the pressure should be higher?
    Are the skimmer and pump baskets clean?

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes I'm adding bleach to it daily (QUART)...

Where do i get vitamin C from to keep the pool shell looking white.

Yes - after i scrub it just moves, and I vacuum the pool but the pressure is at 10, so it don't pick everything up... The gaugae say its should be between 10 -20 but still steedy at 10.

Yes everything is clean....

4. Back To Top    #4

That is not what vitamin C is for, but is the stain is moving, then it is not metal stains.

A gauge does not tell you what pressure your system should be at. You can turn those little arrows to point where ever you want. Does the gauge go to 0 when you turn the pump off?

Higher pressure does not necessarily mean you have higher flow rate.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes when it turn off it goes to zero and when it turns on it goes to 10, but before it was going to 18 and I felt more pressure on the JETS.

Now that the gauge is reading 10 I don't feel any strong pressure for the JETS.

6. Back To Top    #6

Check if the impeller is clogged then. Only way to have lower pressure and less flow is if there is a blockage on the suction side or between the pump and the filter.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Great I will check that once I get home...

Any othere advice you can give on trying to keep the shell clean? Its pretty old in the inside of the pool.. I'm trying loads pics but it not letting me...

8. Back To Top    #8

If it comes off when you brush, then you need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process and after that is complete, maintain adequate FC (as a function of your CYA) so that algae can not start again.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by UNBalance6504 View Post
    Yes when it turn off it goes to zero and when it turns on it goes to 10, but before it was going to 18 and I felt more pressure on the JETS.

Now that the gauge is reading 10 I don't feel any strong pressure for the JETS.
    Also clean out the pump leaf basket with a hose, sometimes the holes get clogged and can restrict flow into the pump.

Also, here is a link to info for updating your signature, What we need to know to answer your questions. Click SETTINGS, upper right and then EDIT SIGNATURE lower left.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach