Best SWG for the above ground pool

y51

Jun 27, 2011
Illinois
Hello,
I am going to purchase the SWG for my above ground pool 15ftx30ftx54in.
I was considering Aqua Trol RJ designed for 18,000 gal, however in a couple threads I read that this generator will be too small for my pool.
Any suggestion?
Thank you very much,
y51

We recommend sizing a SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of the pool. So find one that is rated at least for 20k. The smaller the SWG the more it will have to run and the more pump time you will need, which just costs $ on electricity.

The Aqua Trol would be pretty marginal and may require a long pump run time.

The AutoPilot Pool Pilot AG is made for above ground pools and has a few more features over the Hayward / Goldline AquaTrol units (i.e. built-in temperature compensation & tri-sensor assembly). It is rated at 20,000 gallons. As mentioned a smaller in ground system is also an option.

I used the Aqua Trol RJ for my 15x30 for a year running a total of 6 hours per 24hr cycle at approximately 25% dialed in with a constant speed pump. It's only been a year but I've had no problems with it and it has easily maintained my levels. Matter of fact I've had to reduce the output from 40% initially since my chlorine levels were hitting mid teens after the afternoon run. So far I've have not been disappointed even though technically it's an undersized unit (I guess). Haven't had to clean it since I'm fastidious about checking my levels. Will the cell survive 3 to 4 more years? Guess I'll find out.

I have been using the Aqua Trol RJ for my 18x33x48 18,000 gallon pool for three years and there never has been a problem with it.
Hello,
I am going to purchase the SWG for my above ground pool 15ftx30ftx54in.
I was considering Aqua Trol RJ designed for 18,000 gal, however in a couple threads I read that this generator will be too small for my pool.
Any suggestion?
Thank you very much,
y51

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.