Hello, New Member Here!

Hi, my name is Jimmy, I'm in northeastern New Jersey. I have a Sharkline brand 12' x 24' x 52" deep above ground oval pool, bought it new in 2000! It has a Hayward DE filter/pump, third filter in 15 years! First was a cartridge filter, then I quickly converted to a DE filter, a Hayward ReGenX. That one became obsolete, so now I'm on my third filter , a newer Hayward DE with the "bump handle". Pool has been chlorinated since day one.

Basically I found this site because I am sick and tired of battling my pool's cleanliness, or lack thereof. The last couple of years I have done the unthinkable, I haven't covered it in the winter, and have been battling with it when the season starts. I will be draining it soon, and starting over fresh!

I came on this site to re learn proper pool care, and start out fresh this season! For starters, I will be buying a real test kit!

Welcome! :wave:

Real test kit: :goodjob:
Draining it all :thumbdown:

You'll need to leave at least a foot of water in the pool lest your liner shift or wrinkle. Once you get the debris out and get the water cleared up, you're going to be amazed at how sparkling crystal clear your pool can be. And probably for a lot less money than it's been costing you in years past.

Welcome! :wave:

Real test kit: :goodjob:
Draining it all :thumbdown:

You'll need to leave at least a foot of water in the pool lest your liner shift or wrinkle. Once you get the debris out and get the water cleared up, you're going to be amazed at how sparkling crystal clear your pool can be. And probably for a lot less money than it's been costing you in years past.
Almost ready! Got my T-100 test kit in the mail, removing debris and draining down.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.