Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can this solar heater be connected to an Intex Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Can this solar heater be connected to an Intex Pool

I am considering buying this solar heater (I'm not sure of the brand). I currently have a 14' intex ultra metal frame pool with the pump that comes with the pool. I think the pump is 1000 gph and has 1 1/4" hoses. Does anyone know if this connects somehow directly to the pump. I also have the intex saltwater generator that is connected to the pump. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. If worse comes to worse I could just attach a hose and my submersible pump to the heater but obviously it would be easier to connect to the intex stuff I have. Thanks
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can this solar heater be connected to an Intex Pool

Sorry to say that it is just really a waste of money as it does not have enough surface area to warm up your pool very little, (if at all). You would need probably over 12 to see a difference in the pool temp. Lot's of folk here been through same thing. Instead buy a good quality solar blanket, and don't run your pump at night as that will help even more.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3

That will work but you won't get much heat rise. I had two and they helped when the water was already warm but not much when it was cold. I can only say that now because I have standard panels to compare it to. I got them from the lnk below for $99 and parts to install cost another $100. Watch them, the price will drop. Also, if you live in a decent size town, the heater you posted often shows up on Craigslist and so do solar panels. http://www.doheny.com/poolsupplies/A...tem-18101.html
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

Forgot to answer your question.. Yes, you can connect it to an Intex pool. The adapter may be included.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).