May 12, 2014
Central Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Received my TF-100 today and ran my first set of tests! A couple of questions:

CH test instructions state 'Red indicates the presence of Calcium'. My water was a definite purple, no resemblance of red at all but it did still turn blue with R-0012. Is the purple color normal?

When the instructions say to 'mix' does that mean to actually mix (like with the flat end on the blue spoon) or just swirl? Some steps say mix others say swirl so I assumed there was a difference. This may not even matter but just checking because I definitely do not want to be wasting any of the testing chemicals.

My test results are below. If something appears way off could someone please let me know? I feel confident that they are accurate for the most part but I may have missed something. About to plug them into 'Pool Math' now because I clearly need to add some things!

pH: 7.5
FC: 1.5
CC: .5
TC: 2
CYA: 0
TA: 60
CH: 125
Br: 4? Not positive about this one because the colors are very hard to distinguish IMO. They kind of all looked the same.

Thanks in advance to anyone that may have some input on this!

For the PH and OTO chlorine test, mix means put the cap on and turn the vial upside down and then back upright. For the FAS-DPD chlorine, TA, and CH tests mix means swirl. For the CYA test mix means shake vigorously.

The OTO chlorine test, the one that is various shades of yellow, is best for simple quick chlorine/no chlorine test results. If you want a specific level use the FAS-DPD test, powder turns the sample pink, and then drops turn it clear again.

Add some CYA via the sock method. I would add in steps (say maybe half or 3/4 the recommended amount for SWGs) and retest that in one week.

How does your water look?

Thanks, that's what I'll do. Water looks great -very clear. I'll get a picture tomorrow and post. Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

For the PH and OTO chlorine test, mix means put the cap on and turn the vial upside down and then back upright. For the FAS-DPD chlorine, TA, and CH tests mix means swirl. For the CYA test mix means shake vigorously.

The OTO chlorine test, the one that is various shades of yellow, is best for simple quick chlorine/no chlorine test results. If you want a specific level use the FAS-DPD test, powder turns the sample pink, and then drops turn it clear again.
Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.