Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation)

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation)

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about this E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) feature on Intex's new SWG? I have had several of Intex's SWG's in the past, I know they don't last long but if I get a summer out of them I am happier than dealing with gallons of bleach all summer.

I have looked around but can not find any reviews or information on E.C.O. in regards to pool sanitation. Is it an ozonator? Is there another name or search I should be looking under? I just want to know exactly what it is before I purchase for this summer season, I already learned that lesson with their copper system on my last SWG.
    20' KD Above Ground Pool 8,500 gallons
    1.5 Hayward Pump
    Gulfstream Heat Pump HE 90

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation)

Welcome to TFP!

Having read through their sales material several times, I still can't tell if they mean ozone, or are simply describing what a regular SWG does using non-standard wording. Either way, it isn't worth paying anything extra over the standard unit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation)

Thank you Jason, long time reader and follower here. Sadly this model is so new there is no documentation on their website. I also called their customer service number which is always fun, of course I got no answers besides the "ECO process sanitizes the water making it safe", lol. Intex does have a SWG & Ozone system and it looks a lot different, so I don't think that is it.

Scouring the nets I was able to find some info on a water purification system that sounds similar: http://www.envirolyte.com/industrial...-ionizers.html. The site says it produces slightly alkaline water, I wonder how much this will impact the pH?

Just surprised that I can not find any other pool systems that appear to use Electrocatalytic Oxidation, or at least any that I can identify. I just want to know what the system is doing to the pool chemistry. I used their last system with the copper ionizer that turned my daughter's hair green before I read on these forums that it is wise to unplug the electrode.
    20' KD Above Ground Pool 8,500 gallons
    1.5 Hayward Pump
    Gulfstream Heat Pump HE 90