HELP!! Leaning Wall

Apr 22, 2015
Mentor Ohio
This is my 1st post so I hope it's in the right place ...

We had our pool installed last year and a local contractor begin a deck close to the end of the season. Winter came before we could finish the deck but we managed to get some of the flooring down. Over the winter the ice ripped the liner and we had to replace it. Once we got the new liner in and filled the pool I noticed that the to rail was a bit out of shape. It was about an inch away from the floor boards last year, but now it is a couple inches away in some spots and less than an inch further around the arc. Any suggestions on correcting this?

Thanks
Jason

I would say the first course of action is to determine what moved - the pool, the deck, or both. Since neither should move, the second step is to call that contractor that installed one or both of them.

Put a level (a good level, at least a 3' one, longer if you have one) on the deck and see if it is level. Put whatever level you can fit on your pool rails, or you can make a water level and go around the pool (or if it is really bad you can measure from the water surface to the top of the pool and see how far out of level it is.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.