Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Would you.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Would you.....

Go with a basic salt system and then add a timer and a sub panel or would you just buy the intellitouch system or hayward pl plus system. Pretty basic pool, just need control for pump, heater, pool light and possibly solar.
    Southern New Hampshire, 18x36 single roman end pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Would you.....

Well, I had a basic timer when we bought the current house. When I decided to add solar and a SWG and a 2-speed pump, I got the Prologic so that everything would integrate together which was about the same cost as getting everything separate, only now it all works together seamlessly.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

I'd go with the controller if I could at all afford it. No question for me.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

The cost of a SWG system plus a solar control is very nearly the same cost as the basic ProLogic+SWG cell (or the AquaPlus which includes both).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

The Pentair Suntouch would probably cover all your needs for about 400 bucks at sunplay.com

http://www.sunplay.com/pentair-sunto...-system-520859
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    The Pentair Suntouch would probably cover all your needs for about 400 bucks at sunplay.com

http://www.sunplay.com/pentair-sunto...-system-520859
    That is an interesting option, although the Pentair SWG cells are more expensive to buy/replace than other brands. It does not have the subpanel, so you would still need to add that.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the reply's, I just purchased the Pentair easy touch on eBay via poolsupplyworld. It is crazy to me that poolsupplyworld sells it so cheap on ebay yet charges so much on the actual website. Seems like a lot of companies do that. I think if i added up the cost of a sub panel, switches, timer ect, i would be darn near the cost of a automated system. Thanks!
    Southern New Hampshire, 18x36 single roman end pool.