Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't find guide for Opening a quick-set pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Can't find guide for Opening a quick-set pool?

Hi, Last summer was my first year owning a pool. I remember coming across a method for initial set up for vinyl quick-set pools. I have searched, but can't seem to find it again. It was a detailed guide about filling, when and how much bleach to add to start with, etc. Basically, it was a guide for preventive set-up as you are filling the pool.

Can anyone direct me to that info? Thanks!
    Lisa
    Northeast Georgia Pro Series above ground circular metal frame set pool 22' x 52". 11,400 gal capacity. w/ Skimmer plus 2000 pump/filter. Cartridge filter (Type C)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't find guide for Opening a quick-set pool?

TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

No. I looked at that. That isn't it. It was something that gave specific steps in filling to prevent a lot of problems to start with. It talked about filling 'x' amount, then adding 'x' amount of bleach, etc. It was a step-by-step method to fill quick set pools in such a manner that headed off the need to SLAM later.
    Lisa
    Northeast Georgia Pro Series above ground circular metal frame set pool 22' x 52". 11,400 gal capacity. w/ Skimmer plus 2000 pump/filter. Cartridge filter (Type C)

4. Back To Top    #4

I think that was changed to what was linked to above. It is the same idea. All you need to do to prevent a SLAM is maintain adequate FC and that is done through frequent testing and dosing.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

No, that's not it.
    Lisa

6. Back To Top    #6

I said, the article was changed ... but if you know the forum better than me, feel free to find it and point it out

If you understand the chemistry, you should not need a step by step guide. And if you do not understand it, then it is better to ask questions and learn.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

yeah thanks for your help....
    Lisa

8. Back To Top    #8

Here are some handy links for maintaining your pool TFPC-style.

TFPC for Beginners
    ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Recommended Levels
    PoolMath

If you have any questions please ask, we're glad to help.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach