Equipment List - DB 12x20 AGP

Apr 20, 2015
Dallas,TX
Hello,

1. Would anyone have a complete list of parts and equipment I need for a DB AGP? Reason be, I want to maximize performance (and dollars) by shopping for all the parts myself besides going to the pool store and taking their "premium package".

2. Pentair MasterTemp 125 Low NOx Pool Heater - Electronic Ignition - Natural Gas with Cord - 125,000 BTU - 461059. Will this be sufficient enough for a 12x20 DB?

Thank you!

What is DB? What is the volume of the pool?

For the pump, a 1HP 2-speed is a good choice. Like the Power-flo Matrix
For the filter, minimum size depends on the pool size and I am not sure I understand what DB 12x20 means
For the heater, Raypak gets better reviews. The bigger the heater, the faster the pool will heat up.

What is DB? What is the volume of the pool?

For the pump, a 1HP 2-speed is a good choice. Like the Power-flo Matrix
For the filter, minimum size depends on the pool size and I am not sure I understand what DB 12x20 means
For the heater, Raypak gets better reviews. The bigger the heater, the faster the pool will heat up.

For the pump and filter, the guy has me with both Waterway, the filter is 100 sq ft cartridge filter.

However, I may substitute it for a Pentair 1.5hp 2 speed filter system.

The Pentair is $940 bucks for 125K

I have a DB (Doughboy) 12x20. Using the waterway 100sgft cartridge with the matching uprated 1.5hp 2 speed pump. Works perfect on the low setting, even when vacuuming. Can't even hear it running. Almost never run it on high, only if I want dramatic turbulence for aeration when increasing the Ph. When I do run it on high, it sends my heater to much flow and the heater shuts down. Pump is pretty powerful when on high. I also use a filter sock in the skimmer basket, keep the cartridge really clean. At the end of the season, the cartridge still looks white and almost unused.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.