Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Equipment List - DB 12x20 AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Equipment List - DB 12x20 AGP

Hello,

1. Would anyone have a complete list of parts and equipment I need for a DB AGP? Reason be, I want to maximize performance (and dollars) by shopping for all the parts myself besides going to the pool store and taking their "premium package".

2. Pentair MasterTemp 125 Low NOx Pool Heater - Electronic Ignition - Natural Gas with Cord - 125,000 BTU - 461059. Will this be sufficient enough for a 12x20 DB?

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Equipment List - DB 12x20 AGP

What is DB? What is the volume of the pool?

For the pump, a 1HP 2-speed is a good choice. Like the Power-flo Matrix
    For the filter, minimum size depends on the pool size and I am not sure I understand what DB 12x20 means
    For the heater, Raypak gets better reviews. The bigger the heater, the faster the pool will heat up.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    What is DB? What is the volume of the pool?

For the pump, a 1HP 2-speed is a good choice. Like the Power-flo Matrix
    For the filter, minimum size depends on the pool size and I am not sure I understand what DB 12x20 means
    For the heater, Raypak gets better reviews. The bigger the heater, the faster the pool will heat up.

For the pump and filter, the guy has me with both Waterway, the filter is 100 sq ft cartridge filter.

However, I may substitute it for a Pentair 1.5hp 2 speed filter system.

The Pentair is $940 bucks for 125K

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a DB (Doughboy) 12x20. Using the waterway 100sgft cartridge with the matching uprated 1.5hp 2 speed pump. Works perfect on the low setting, even when vacuuming. Can't even hear it running. Almost never run it on high, only if I want dramatic turbulence for aeration when increasing the Ph. When I do run it on high, it sends my heater to much flow and the heater shuts down. Pump is pretty powerful when on high. I also use a filter sock in the skimmer basket, keep the cartridge really clean. At the end of the season, the cartridge still looks white and almost unused.
    Doughboy 12' x 20' Saphire semi-AG, Installed 2012
    Waterway 1.5 HP 2 speed, 100 sqft cartridge filter
    Aprox 7000 Gal, Full sun, 85K heat pump,
    TF-100 test kit