Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have to have a booster pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Flower Mound, TX

Have to have a booster pump?

I am looking at replacing my setup which sounds identical to Sunandsky. I have a 1HPmotor and a 3/4HP booster pump running a Polaris.

I saw your comment on how if you have a cleaner designed for a booster pump you have to have a booster pump. If I switch my setup to a 2speed or VS do I still have to use the booster pump?

Can I still run my polaris on a 2speed/VS pump or am I married to a booster pump as long as I have a Polaris

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Have to have a booster pump?

If you want to continue to use your existing pool cleaner, you will need to continue using a booster pump. Your existing booster pump will continue to work with a new variable speed pump. There are other kinds of cleaners that are designed to work without a booster pump, including ones sold by Polaris. You might consider switching to one of those.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School