Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How deep should the BBQ Island cabinet be?

1. Back To Top    #1

How deep should the BBQ Island cabinet be?

Is there a min depth that the BBQ island need to be beside enough to accommodate the drop in? I'm using a 30" grill which calls for a cut out of 30.5" W x 10.5"Hx23"D

I plan on building the frame with a depth of only 24 and 26" deep counter top.
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How deep should the BBQ Island cabinet be?

Need to make sure there is clearance to open the lid. Otherwise, it should be fine.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

The grill is going against fence with about 8" of space. I think the grill calla for 6. I'm basically designing the side based on kitchen cabinets since those are the dimension that I'm familiar with. Standard prefab granite slabs are 26" anything bigger becomes custom and pricey. I plan on using porcelain tile counter but wanted to keep the granite as an option in case I change my mind.
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

4. Back To Top    #4

I only have a couple inches behind my deepest grill (primo oval). I never set anything there so as said above, as long as you can 1) open the lid and 2) it's enough material to be durable you should be fine.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here