Is there a need to test for CC or TC?

amati5

Sep 13, 2011
So Cal
I read the instruction that came with the kit (TF-50) and did the CH test. The instruction did not say to swirl after each drop when add the R0012. At one point, the lower portion turned purple but the top was still red and I kept adding until the whole thing turned to purple and then blue. That was 40 drops of R0012. I decided to swirl after each drop of R0012, it only took 30 drops. I didn't know I was supposed to swirl for each drop of R0012 until I read the instruction here. If it makes such difference I wonder how the instruction of the kit missed it. Before I started swirling, I re-read the instruction several time but it sure didn't mention to.

My question is why it there a need to test for CC or TC if you know your FC?

Thx

Re: Extended Test Kit Directions

I see. Thx. Sorry for the basic questions. I guess I didn't click on the "Read More..." in the Pool School's Chemistry section. That video is quite helpful. Thx. "keep adding until color stops changing" was very instructive. The instruction should have said that. And I guess with Tf-50, it uses less amount of solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.