Tile stain that does not react to acid or ever really go away...

wwtennant

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
Bellaire/TX
See the photo but I have one white stain on my blue tile on the tile wall of the waterfall. It is about two feet away from waterfall and one foot above pool water level. I get evaporate buildup around the waterfall but that reacts to the acid and can be cleaned with a water /acid mix. This new stain will not go away with acid or brushing. Any thoughts for me??

image.jpg

It is not rough at all nor appear or feel like a scratch. It "disappears" temporarily when wet but the reappears as it dries. To me, it looks like some type of chemical that dripped on the tile at top and then ran down the tile as a drip. As it did , appears to have reacted with tile coating maybe?? Could it have come from bird poop on the tile?? Other thoughts on how to remove?? Thanks!!

You say it appears to have dripped and ran down. Is that photo in the correct position ?? Is that stain vertical ??? Hmmm, if yes it would appear it is in fact a stain, almost from the grout line. How about a stronger solution of acid ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.