Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tile stain that does not react to acid or ever really go away...

1. Back To Top    #1

Tile stain that does not react to acid or ever really go away...

See the photo but I have one white stain on my blue tile on the tile wall of the waterfall. It is about two feet away from waterfall and one foot above pool water level. I get evaporate buildup around the waterfall but that reacts to the acid and can be cleaned with a water /acid mix. This new stain will not go away with acid or brushing. Any thoughts for me??

image.jpg
    Warren
    22,400 gallon pool / spa combo with Painted Plaster; 16' x 40' rectangular pool w/ 9' x 9' elevated spa w/ waterfall to pool; Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 4000 BTU heater, Pentair Intellachlor SWG and Clear 03 Ozone System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tile stain that does not react to acid or ever really go away...

Is that at all rough? It kind of looks like a scratch to me, which would be rough.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with Jason, it appears to be a scratch from the photo, difficult to tell really. If in fact it is a scratch, would it be possible to use a porcelain type touch up paint that closely matches ?? Just a thought.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

4. Back To Top    #4

It is not rough at all nor appear or feel like a scratch. It "disappears" temporarily when wet but the reappears as it dries. To me, it looks like some type of chemical that dripped on the tile at top and then ran down the tile as a drip. As it did , appears to have reacted with tile coating maybe?? Could it have come from bird poop on the tile?? Other thoughts on how to remove?? Thanks!!
    Warren
    22,400 gallon pool / spa combo with Painted Plaster; 16' x 40' rectangular pool w/ 9' x 9' elevated spa w/ waterfall to pool; Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 4000 BTU heater, Pentair Intellachlor SWG and Clear 03 Ozone System

5. Back To Top    #5

You could try tile soap.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

You say it appears to have dripped and ran down. Is that photo in the correct position ?? Is that stain vertical ??? Hmmm, if yes it would appear it is in fact a stain, almost from the grout line. How about a stronger solution of acid ?
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)