We are new to this site and are in the market for finding a reliable builder to build our first pool. We live in NE Dallas where there are several foundation problem reported in our neighbourhood. There were 6 houses on my street already got their foundation repaired under 10 years warranty. My neighbour next to us is in the process of repairing their house foundation. The big cracks just showed after 8.5 years living there while another neighbour on my left side already repaired their house foundation 2 years ago....Our house DONT have any serious cracks but 2-3 minor cracks. So here are my questions:
1. Should I find an independent inspector to make sure if we have/dont have any foundation issue BEFORE we build the pool? Our house is 7.5 years old, we originally plan to have an inspection when reach 9 years (provided no other signigicant cracks issue before 9 years mark)
2. If the inspector confirm we dont have foundation problem now, we are not sure if we will have foundation issue in the future....does it mean we need some kind of injection in the granuite when we build the pool structure?? How many of you have done it before?? Will the injection help to stablise the soil for a certain years or forever?? How much does it cost??
3. When is the best season to build a swimming pool?? Will building a pool in non peak season cheaper than peak season?? Which month is the best time to build a pool in your experience?? I heard someone mentioned there is some tax benefit if build the pool in Nov. Anyone heard the same thing and why??
4. Some friends recommended the PB they like but then when I called them, I got totally different experience. May be I should ask for the specific sales person who worked with them?? But now, we already started the conversation with a sales we do NOT like...
5. SO far, we have met with Foley, Gold Medal, M Christopher, Hauk and Riverbend sandler. We absolutely DONT like the sales in Foley, Gold Medal and Hauk, they were pushy, not listening to what we want and arrogant. Gold Medal did NOT even give any break down in the cost while Foley sales did NOT even come out to look at our yard by himself. He just sent someone to come measure it
6. What is your preferred builder and do you mind to share the sales person's name and how much you spend on your pool??