Switched to Bleach and now adding acid daily

squib

Apr 2, 2015
TX
So I finally got my CYA down and switched to a Stenner injection pump for bleach instead of Tri-Chlor pucks.

The pump is working like a charm and keeping my FC at about 5. But now I am having to add about 16 oz of muriatic acid daily. Was hoping to not have to add chemical everyday. Is there something I can do? Last year using the Tri-Chlor pucs, my Ph was super constant. Now it creeps up to 7.8 to 8.0 seemingly every day.

BTW, my TA seems to be about 120.

I had real bad Ph bounce due to high TA when I first filled my pool, was adding MA twice a day to start with

Test daily and use poolmath to calculate correct MA dose - keep a note of this and you will see that as the TA drops the MA additions get smaller and further apart, until you get to a point where the pH doesn't rise very quick.

Just maintaining the Ph in range will lower the TA over time, repeatedly lowering Ph to 7.2 + aeration gets you there quicker. Will use the same total amount of MA either way

Thanks to Richard320 for those tips, really helped my understanding!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.