Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Repairing of Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Repairing of Pool

Hi, Im fairly new at maintaining pool, have a sport pool, 10996 gallons, pentair system. just finished SLAMing my pool and i was in it and noticed that the concrete deck where it meets the tile divider around the pool there are many holes as if it had crumbled away and continues to do so. I need to know what is the best product to use to patch these up? Im not very handy but willing to learn. Here are some pics below, any info would really appreciate, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Repairing of Pool

That is going to be challenging to patch and make look 1/2 decent.

The two options I'd be most inclined to try would be mix up some concrete to a consistency like Peanut butter and smear it in. quickrete makes a milky substance that is intended to help new concrete adhere to old concrete (don't let it drip in the pool).

second option that I would try would be a color matched caulk. This will make them stand out less...there are a number of possible problems with this "fix".
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Repairing of Pool

So the Quickrete seems like the best option, whats the downside with the Caulk?
    10996 GALLONS, SPORT POOL, PENTAIR PUMP SF-N1-1A/340038, IN-GROUND POOL