incorporating upright smoker in outdoor kitchen.

Have never incorporated one into outdoor kitchen but have used one. I suggest the electric as it seems to be more even heat and smoke. I don't see why you could not incorporate though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using a 40 inch Masterbuild Electric Smoker (AKA MES-40) for years. Mine is on a cart that is about 24 inches tall. That seems to be a good height. You could consider just building a shelf at just the right height. Oh and I agree that you would like an electric unit better than a gasser. Much better temp control and the walls are insulated. Look for one of the first generation units though. There have been a lot of issues with the redesigned unit. If you are looking for a 40 inch Gen1 unit, it will have the door hinges on the right side as you're looking at it and the control will be on the top towards the rear of the unit. If the hinge is on the left and the control is at the front...DON'T BUY IT!

I'll def be going gas. Much better to use.

I did find a nice commercial unit at xabekas that is stainless but its electric... Going to see if they do gas.

Just don't want to do a nice backyard to only have an oddball smoker

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.