Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: incorporating upright smoker in outdoor kitchen.

1. Back To Top    #1

incorporating upright smoker in outdoor kitchen.

Has anyone done this?

Pics?

Want to use one like this
    https://www.masterbuilt.com/cookmast...ne-smoker.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: incorporating upright smoker in outdoor kitchen.

Have never incorporated one into outdoor kitchen but have used one. I suggest the electric as it seems to be more even heat and smoke. I don't see why you could not incorporate though.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

3. Back To Top    #3

By all means get the electric. Much better to use, and it's insulated so it doesn't really get hot on the outside. You do have to access the right side to add chips.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

I haven't either. You could incorporate it on a shelf like a deep frying pot is, obviously without the burner.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah I could see it done, just need to ensure good airflow and access, along with it being stable.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I've been using a 40 inch Masterbuild Electric Smoker (AKA MES-40) for years. Mine is on a cart that is about 24 inches tall. That seems to be a good height. You could consider just building a shelf at just the right height. Oh and I agree that you would like an electric unit better than a gasser. Much better temp control and the walls are insulated. Look for one of the first generation units though. There have been a lot of issues with the redesigned unit. If you are looking for a 40 inch Gen1 unit, it will have the door hinges on the right side as you're looking at it and the control will be on the top towards the rear of the unit. If the hinge is on the left and the control is at the front...DON'T BUY IT!
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I'll def be going gas. Much better to use.

I did find a nice commercial unit at xabekas that is stainless but its electric... Going to see if they do gas.

Just don't want to do a nice backyard to only have an oddball smoker