Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need to Replace a Motor Bearing

1. Back To Top    #1

Need to Replace a Motor Bearing

I have a Pentair Whisperflow pump motor that has a bad bearing. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement bearing? Are all Whisperflow bearings the same size or are they different for different HP motors?
    32,000 gallon inground plaster pool/spa combo spillover. Aqua Rite Pro with Sense and Dispense. Jandy iAquaLink Control. Polaris 280 vac. Sheer Descent, Fiber optic deck jet water feature. Vanishing wall. Whisperflo pumps, Pentair clean and clear cartridge filters.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need to Replace a Motor Bearing

how about this http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fiel...tag=mozilla-20
    I believe that they are #6203 bearing which you can get much cheaper on ebay or even on Amazon if you search on 6203 bearing and leave the word "pool" out of the search.
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fiel...tag=mozilla-20

Also there a many video available on youtube showing how to replace the bearing. Search youtube on "Whisperflo bearing"
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013

3. Back To Top    #3

Any bearing house will have the bearing. They are a standard part used in a million different things.... not just pools. Just note whether you have any seals or shields. Around corrosive atmosphere I'd lean toward seals whether it originally had them or not.

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree with ewkearns, most any bearing house (Motion Industries, etc.) will have them in stock. Even a lot of auto parts stores will have them. I'd also recommend seals, especially on the wet end.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

If you have a Grainger nearby, they should have them too.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the help. I found them at the local Motion Industries. What type of seals? Do you mean mechanical seals on the wet end?
    32,000 gallon inground plaster pool/spa combo spillover. Aqua Rite Pro with Sense and Dispense. Jandy iAquaLink Control. Polaris 280 vac. Sheer Descent, Fiber optic deck jet water feature. Vanishing wall. Whisperflo pumps, Pentair clean and clear cartridge filters.

7. Back To Top    #7

No, the bearings themselves should be a double sealed bearing. I think they have either steel seals or rubber seals. Get rubber.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

8. Back To Top    #8