Order of Operations?

Jul 17, 2014
Joplin, Mo
Opened the pool today to see things did not stay like I closed them :( Green swampy mess...

FC:0
CC:0
PH: below the scale, maybe 6.6
TA:75
CH:225
CYA: Also below the chart maybe 15?

Do I need to get the pool to hold some chlorine first then worry about the other stuff, SLAM the **** out of it? Or worry about it all at once?

Thanks for the help!

Ok,

Do you have the proper test kit? You'll need it first.

Get the pH up 7.2-7.5, and the Cya to about 30, no higher than 40. Then load up on bleach, and review the SLAM article before moving any further. Ask questions if you need too before starting. Let us know how to help. If I haven't said so before, welcome to TFP.

Welcome to TFP!

Order a TF100 test kit from tftestkits.net. Get the extended edition with extra reagents. Might want to get the speed stir while you're at it to help with more consistent and easier testing.

Check out this link about Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

And also, please update you signature with pool info as described here, What we need to know to answer your questions

- - - Updated - - -

Using Taylor K-2006. I'll add that to my signature!

Should I just use Soda Ash to bring the PH up? Where do you guys usually buy it in large quantities?

oops, just saw the K2006 post. That is good. :goodjob:

A 2006 is fine, but you'll want to go ahead and get replacement FAS/DPD reagents ordered pronto. The XL option for the TF100 would get you plenty just FYI.

The soda ash is fine, or Borax. Both can be had from grocery stores. Make sure it is Borax or Washing SODA, not washing detergent or baking soda.

Alternatively, pool and hardware places will have pH up, which is Soda Ash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.