Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In desperate need of weir door

1. Back To Top    #1

In desperate need of weir door

My weir door fell off a few years back and now i need a new one, i bought the AquaPower skimmer hoping it would fit but some how my skimmer area is way to small, cant get it to go in. I dont know how to find a weird door that fits my pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In desperate need of weir door

Well, look for identifying marks on the skimmer. Add some pictures? Can you see how a door would mount? Any screw holes?

Otherwise just measure the opening size and buy a universal one with spring-loaded rubber feet to hold it in place.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

sunplay.com has quite a few choices

http://www.sunplay.com/pool-skimmer-weirs
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Good news, aquapower is in! we usually run our pump at about 1.6rpm for 6 hours then 2.4 for 6 hours, I did not see the aqua power skimmer doors opening and closing like a weir door would. I increased RPM to 3.0 and they still were not performing as expected. they just stayed closed basically. The video shows it opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTeReMUPVNU ours does not do this.

Something seems weird, we run our pump at 2RPM but it just does not seem powerful like i think it should. it does not even work fast enough to move the aquapower weir door open