Electric heat pump is the winner !! Now which one and what size .....

Make sure you use the correct PVC fittings. Many times when I go to do repairs I can tell a homeowner did the install because they used DWV fittings. These fittings are not meant for this type of install.

Azmp1, the HeatPro that steve_ng has is actually cheaper on the "inyo Pool" website:

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/02200014058160.htm

Than it is at Leslies:

http://www.lesliespool.com/hayward-heatpro-titanium-digital-230v-pool-and-spa-heat-pump/heatpro.htm

After my experience with Leslie's I just decided to go a different way and I have heard good thinks about Aqua Cal ...

Thanks fatcat, the inyopool was definitely the cheapest I found. I pulled the trigger on the raypak 117k btu yesterday. It was a tough choice between that one and a Hayward heat pro, but I got two friends with the same unit and they love it. Also talked to a HVAC tech buddy I have and he recommended raypak was well, said, this is what the company specializes in and their HVAC products are very reliable and easy to work on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello all,

Just wanted to update you guys I finally pulled the trigger but not on the SQ175, I had to go with the Hayward Heat Pro HP21404t. After reading up on the AquaCal, AquaComfort, and Hayward they all received similar reviews and have about the same C.O.P, the only thing was that Aquacal seemed to have the best warranty. I couldn't resist the price difference, while all three companies 140,000 BTU units were priced similarly on most websites I found one that had a $2000 price difference between the Hayward and both aqua companies (note: I got the Aqua Comfort price from a local pool company, couldn't really find prices for there units). So I just ordered the unit, no sales tax and free shipping, hopefully I will receive some reasonable quotes for the electric this week.

Thanks to everybody for your advise and sharing your personal experiences with your pool heat pumps, it has given me a good feeling about my purchase.

Now comes Chapter 2 :super:

Since I bought the unit online, I am going to attempt a DIY installation. I laugh because I just made an appointment with the local pool guy, I have been having an issue with my pool pump. I haven't been able to run my pool since I opened it. I hope I have better uck with the pool pump.

The tricky part is the programming in my opinion, not the plumbing. But it's all well explained in the manual. I only have a pool, and no spa, so mine was connected with the pool on the SPA output, so you can have max temp to 104 (not that I would EVER wan it that warm - LOL). And the temp on the heat pump is set to its max, or something like that at least. :) I can look at mine once it's all fired up if you're curious on any settings. Mine is set this way because I don't use the panel on the HP at all, mine is tied into my automation system and it controls it. It's all done through there. I had my setup config done by pool builder confirmed by Hayward as the being correct when only a pool is hooked up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.