update stenner up and running

Mar 4, 2015
Sugar Land , TX
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8fkQ7TbHdp5TnVyeFEyQTJxa2M/edit?usp=docslist_api
Https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8fkQ7TbHdp5U1N3aUF4blZEUmM/edit?usp=docslist_api
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8fkQ7TbHdp5SmN6OEdYLUx2U28/edit?usp=docslist_api

Hope pics work. Easy install once all parts gathered. Taped 1/4" in pool \ spa return line. FC for the first two days at 4 but my tester only goes to 3 so may be higher. Need a tester that goes higher ( current from PB ). Thanks to all for answering all my questions.

Pics didn't work. Try setting up a photo bucket account and Post the IMG links from your albums.

If I may make a friendly suggestion to purchase one of our suggested kits. A TF100 or Taylor K2006 will get you the higher FC test that you need.

Weird, his IMG tags look good, I can cut & past the photo locations and see them so what's up??

OK, this looks really nice!! It should save you lots of time lugging jugS.

Just remember, it does not eliminate the need for testing and adjusting. Your chlorine demand is going to change as the season moves along. I find myself slowly turning up the injection rate as the season progresses, then as it wanes I'm turning down the flow. I'm not sure how how handle the winters there, but as I got into winter I couldn't turn down the flow enough so for a while I cut my bleach 50/50 with water. Then in the dead of winter I just turned it off and manually adjusted.

You will get a feel for it, but it makes life much easier.

****On Edit

I missed the testing part - Patrick is right, you need to pick up one of the recommended test kits. We vote for the TF100 as it serves two purposes: Provides the Taylor reagents in the quantities most pool owners need and it supports this site. www.tftestkits.net

edit

edit

edit

Hope pics work. Easy install once all parts gathered. Taped 1/4" in pool \ spa return line. FC for the first two days at 4 but my tester only goes to 3 so may be higher. Need a tester that goes higher ( current from PB ). Thanks to all for answering all my questions.
Modifying IMG tags didn't work:confused:

The links link to web pages that have the images on them, not to the images themselves. I don't think it is possible to directly link to images with Google Docs.

I changed them to urls, so at least they can be clicked on now.

Thanks for fixing links Jason. UPDATE: I have been running for 9 days on Stenner now and have been bouncing from high to low chlorine depending if we are using spa or not. I have been adding 27 oz. of 8.5% once daily ( at 3am ). I think the spa demand is really eating the chlorine. So I am going to try 37 oz ( which I was adding manually before Stenner) ( when I could remember LOL ). Hopefull that will keep me at 4ppm target. CYA is at 40 by the way. It's a learning process for sure. I wonder if dividing the total dosage by 3 different injection times would help. Any thoughts?

I have mine set to deliver chlorine anytime the pump is on. Low steady dose. If we go out at night to jump in the pool we like the waterfall, so I manually turn on the pump which in turn turns on the Stenner.

Tim I am going to take your advice and run mine when my pump runs. I run 4 times per day , 1 1/2 hours each time, so 10 minute injection 4 times daily should keep it balanced through the day. I was still bouncing from high in morning to very low later in evening ( I was injecting at 3 am before ).
I am curious about one thing. The 15 gallon tank I purchased for the bleach had Dr Pepper syrup in it, in it's previous life. I can still smell the Dr Pepper when I open the tank (LOL at least the pool does not smell of Dr Pepper ) . Do you think that the bleach could be combining with the Dr Pepper and make it not work as well?

Tim I am going to take your advice and run mine when my pump runs. I run 4 times per day , 1 1/2 hours each time, so 10 minute injection 4 times daily should keep it balanced through the day. I was still bouncing from high in morning to very low later in evening ( I was injecting at 3 am before ).
I am curious about one thing. The 15 gallon tank I purchased for the bleach had Dr Pepper syrup in it, in it's previous life. I can still smell the Dr Pepper when I open the tank (LOL at least the pool does not smell of Dr Pepper ) . Do you think that the bleach could be combining with the Dr Pepper and make it not work as well?
I would thnk that if there were any syrup left in the tank the bleach will oxidize it quickly. Interesting idea though.... I really like Captain Morgan & Diet Dr. Pepper, having the pool smell like that might be neat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.