Light Niche Compatibility

dtrujillo63

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2015
Los Angeles
Are light niches standard for the most part? I ask because my PB installed a Pentair Large Plastic Niche (P/N: 79206700) for the pool but used a Jandy Small Plastic Niche (P/N: PLNICSM) in the spa. The PB is providing a Pentair Amerlite for the pool and a Pentair SpaBrite for the spa. I assume we won't have any issues with the Amerlite as it will be going into a Pentair Niche, but what about the SpaBrite? Will it fit correctly in the Jandy niche? I'm also thinking about ordering a Pentair IntelliBrite Color LED pool and spa light, would those fit in the Pentair and Jandy plastic niches? I'm super OCD about things matching and being perfectly mated. I actually just placed an order for the small Pentair Plastic Niche (P/N: 79206600) on amazon. I hate to be a pain, but I think I'm going to ask the PB to change it out in place of the Jandy... Am I over thinking this?

Thanks all!

Niches are not really standardized, though there is a fair bit of overlap in sizes offered and some lights work in some different brand niches often enough. By and large, if it fits you are fine. There are occasional exceptions. Some of the Pentair niches are not UL listed unless used with specific Pentair fixtures, but for the most part there are not restrictions like that.

The bottom line is that you want to be happy with your pool and not agonize over I should've/would've/could've. If you want them matching then go with that. Just make sure that they will fit. I'm debating on upgrading my bulb to a color or white led. I'm going to wait until our remodel is done to see how the incandescent light is with the new Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue. I'll probably upgrade to LED white.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.