pooldv texas pool thread

Re: pooldv pool thread

Can you describe your solar setup? DIY, store bought? Are you just generating hot water or electricity to run the pumps or both?

Thanks for your time -

Welcome to TFP!

Solar panels are Vortex brand panels ordered online from solardirect.com. I installed the panels and plumbed them. Water is pumped through the panels to be heated and returned to the pool. The first year I would manually turn the valve to direct water flow to the panels in the morning before work and turn it off in the evening. But, sometimes this would cool the pool more than it would heat when it rained or got cloudy. Especially rain, rain cools a pool fast!

A year later I bought and installed the Pentair Solartouch controller. Big help! When the panels are 4 degrees warmer than the water it turns the valve, turns up the flow rate on the VSpump and sends the water to the panels, when the temp drops it turns off the valve and bypasses solar. Good stuff!

By the way, I have since painted that bright white PVC with some brown spray paint and it is much nicer now!

Thanks! I designed and built that pool hut myownself back in 2011 or so. :)

I also did not note that this pool was built in 2012. I am just a little behind getting the pictures off an old computer, resizing, blah blah. You know, all the excuses. :-D I updated my sig to say 2012 build.

You're a celebrity today!! I'll keep it going...love the pool and setting!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ahhhhh, "A man's work is never done," says the wife! But your place looks so peaceful, I wouldn't want to do any work. What are her plans for the next projects? And whose feet are those in the photo? They don't even look pruny! Haven't been swimming yet???? Thanks for sharing the great pics, and take care! Suz.

Ahhhhh, "A man's work is never done," says the wife! But your place looks so peaceful, I wouldn't want to do any work. What are her plans for the next projects? And whose feet are those in the photo? They don't even look pruny! Haven't been swimming yet???? Thanks for sharing the great pics, and take care! Suz.

ha, my feet! The list is long. Outdoor kitchen, screen porch, outdoor bath, who knows??? Sheesh, I'm tired just writing that ...

I'm still too focused on stone and tile selections, but I'm determined to have an outdoor shower! When I swam all last summer at a friend's pool, I kept thinking how nice it would be to do a quick shower before going in. The landscaper said he could build one for us, but we haven't talked price yet. All I want, to begin with, is a pole with a shower head and an on-off knob. You know, like they have at the beaches! Then, if I can recover from spending all this money, maybe later I can have a stall built around it. So many plans and so little money. Sigh.... Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.