Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just wanting to say thank you from Lancaster Ca

1. Back To Top    #1

Just wanting to say thank you from Lancaster Ca

I'm sorry this is a little long.

I purchased my first home about 2 years ago and with that came my first pool. I had no experience with a pool and to tell you the truth didn't really want one but it's small and has a Coverpool automatic pool cover so I was sold. From the get go it's been a nightmare. Stained plaster, calcium deposits on the plaster, a couple of fired pool guys and a weird hybrid style pump setup that no one in my area knows how to fix so they just wanted to sell me a new variable speed pump. Then I found Leslies. Life was getting better. So I thought. Every time I went into that store I was spending hundreds of dollars and every time I bought something I would have to get something else to fix what the previous chemical messed up. Then I found this site. I was surprised to learn that "shock" is a process not a product! And happy to learn that my water is cloudy because of Cc. I read pool school and purchased a K2006 kit. I'm currently in the process of Slamming. I'm also changing my source of chlorine from trichlor to bleach.

I was ready to give up before I found you guys and am so grateful I came here. I'll update my signature tomorrow but just wanted to say thank you.
    9k gallon IG rectangle plaster pool spa combo, Sta-Rite P4R6F3-188 1 1/2 hp pump with Schneider Electric AVT11HU41M2U variable speed motor drive for 2 speeds, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Sta-Rite SR400NA gas heater, Jandy AquaLink RS, Zodiac Baracuda G3 cleaner Cover-Pools T-3 automatic cover. Built in 2006. K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just wanting to say thank you from Lancaster Ca

Great story!

Welcome to TFP
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

Look familiar?

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

We never tire of these. Welcome aboard..

Great entry to the forum and we are glad you have you with us.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Awesome! TFPC is great! Glad it is working for you too.

Here is a link to add some more info to your signature on pool details, What we need to know to answer your questions
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!!!

Glad you found us ... and the easy and inexpensive way to maintain your pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi there Dsanchez,
    once you get your pool under control and get the hang of it, you will be "shocked" pun intended, at the realization of how easy clean sparkly water really is. And the nice surprise, is that having that pool will actually be some to enjoy instead of just one more thing to have to take care of...

welcome to TFP and we hope you hang around
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the welcome. My fc has finally stopped dropping and cc is at a big 0 and I must say that the water is amazing! Hopefully everything will look good in the morning and I'll be able to start a regular routine. I'm excited.
    9k gallon IG rectangle plaster pool spa combo, Sta-Rite P4R6F3-188 1 1/2 hp pump with Schneider Electric AVT11HU41M2U variable speed motor drive for 2 speeds, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Sta-Rite SR400NA gas heater, Jandy AquaLink RS, Zodiac Baracuda G3 cleaner Cover-Pools T-3 automatic cover. Built in 2006. K-2006 test kit.

9. Back To Top    #9

Success!

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks great!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Ooohhh, love the tile!

Welcome!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Welcome!

Look familiar?

This made me laugh REALLY hard! Thanks for the laugh today Richard, two thumbs up!
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by northrn View Post
    Ooohhh, love the tile!

Welcome!
    Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Looks great!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future
    Got it up.

15. Back To Top    #15

Welcome to TFP Dsanchez!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

16. Back To Top    #16

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.