Help with replastering a diamond brite concrete pool

Apr 20, 2015
NJ
I live in the NE and noticed that my 20x40 diamond brite pool that is about 20 years old is sort of in need or replastering. It has multiple pits and cracks and has a lot of "sand" last year on the bottom to which I think the finish is coming off. So instead of paying $$$$ to replaster the pool i was wondering if I can clean the pool myself with a light acid wash after a power wash and reapply a light coat of diamond brite over the old coat?

I have researched the internet and have not found an answer. Plus it seems that it is very hard to get diamond brite at the pool stores. There is a min where I need to buy at least 5x80lb bags at $75 per bag.

Or if i want to go cheap; what about i just replaster the troubled spots with regular plaster??? perhaps mix some additive to white plaster and just spread it on the troubled areas. Try to plaster a big blue dolphin or something near the bottom of the deep end? Add little blue fishies in the pits??

Anybody have any comments or ideas? I would hate to epoxy paint over diamond brite?

Thanks,
Bill

Welcome to the forum Chillee :wave:

Painting might get you by for a short time but it's not really a recommended restoration due to time, effort and cost vs the few years it normally holds up. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.