Started Hot tub today

Aug 12, 2008
Well I started my hot tub today and I think it is going well. The tub is a Keys-backyard (Infinity), not the greatest, but it is a spa in my backyard and it feels great. This is a test spa for us, we got a unbelievable deal on the tub, so for the money if we get a year or two problem free years we will be happy and after we get the hang of it, we will go for the top of the line spa down the road.

So if anyone knows, I have two modes, Sleep mode and Economy mode. Right now it is in economy and the temp set at 90. It is set to filter every 12 hours at two hours a cycle. Is this adequate??. Or should I be filtering it more?? Which is a better mode sleep or economy. I am really looking for the best mode to save electric. Does a hot tub cost alot a month to operate??. I would like to do it the most efficient way I can, yet do it properly. So if anyone has a minute and some advice it would be appreciated. Thanks

Well, yes it is almost hot tub time again :lol: My hot tub is also set to economy mode and runs the same amount as yours does. This should be more than adequate. I keep my temperature set @ 98*. One thing I found out was to try to set at least one of your "on" times to correspond to you off peak power usage. The cost depends on the temperature setting and how well the unit is insulated. When I got my used unit, I added 11/2" of Styrofoam insulation to the wall panels. I also got an upgraded, thicker cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.