Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Started Hot tub today

1. Back To Top    #1

Started Hot tub today

Well I started my hot tub today and I think it is going well. The tub is a Keys-backyard (Infinity), not the greatest, but it is a spa in my backyard and it feels great. This is a test spa for us, we got a unbelievable deal on the tub, so for the money if we get a year or two problem free years we will be happy and after we get the hang of it, we will go for the top of the line spa down the road.

So if anyone knows, I have two modes, Sleep mode and Economy mode. Right now it is in economy and the temp set at 90. It is set to filter every 12 hours at two hours a cycle. Is this adequate??. Or should I be filtering it more?? Which is a better mode sleep or economy. I am really looking for the best mode to save electric. Does a hot tub cost alot a month to operate??. I would like to do it the most efficient way I can, yet do it properly. So if anyone has a minute and some advice it would be appreciated. Thanks
    Lomart 21ft round 11,000 gal 52"
    Hayward EC40 Perflex DE filter
    1hp Hayward Powerflo Matrix with micro timer
    Pool Rover JR ABG pool Vacuum (The best)

Back up pump and filter
    Spectra 3 sand filter/ Promega 1 horse pump with timer

2. Back To Top    #2
    Gilbert AZ

Re: Started Hot tub today

Well, yes it is almost hot tub time again My hot tub is also set to economy mode and runs the same amount as yours does. This should be more than adequate. I keep my temperature set @ 98*. One thing I found out was to try to set at least one of your "on" times to correspond to you off peak power usage. The cost depends on the temperature setting and how well the unit is insulated. When I got my used unit, I added 11/2" of Styrofoam insulation to the wall panels. I also got an upgraded, thicker cover.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!