Polaris 280 scheduled run when disconnected

Dec 6, 2014
TX
I have a Polaris 280 set to run on an automatic schedule. If I remove it from the pool in order to swim during this time, do I need to cancel the scheduled run on my Easy Touch system? Is there any problem with letting the booster pump run and leaving the quick disconnect fitting in the wall?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

If the booster runs while the cleaner is disconnected there will be a fairly strong jet of water coming from the cleaner connection. That jet isn't dangerous, may or may not be appreciated.

Yeah, you aren't going to like swimming around that water jet. During summer we move our pool cleaner schedule to late at night, like 2am. Or else somebody, usually me, has to go turn off the pump.

Thanks for the replies.

I removed the Polaris in the morning to prepare for a swim party that afternoon. I couldn't figure out a way to cancel the scheduled run so I just had to delete it. Seems inconvenient to have to delete and re-create the schedule each time this happens. I will just reschedule it to run early in the mornings when we are unlikely to be swimming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.