Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Landscaping Rocks for AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Landscaping Rocks for AGP

I have a 24' round above ground pool and was wondering what type of rock I should use for around it. I'm thinking of black rock as I have black mulch in the front but don't want to put mulch around pool.

Anyone have any suggestions on black rock to use?

24' Round AGP

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Landscaping Rocks for AGP

Are you in New York? Can you fill out your siggy to be a little more complete please. Here is the link on how to edit both areas.

THANKS! I have a couple of idea on your landscape rocks.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Montville NJ

Re: Landscaping Rocks for AGP

I don't know if you can find them in black, but I used egg rock (2" to be exact) around my pool. I have 4 or 5 types of various stone in different places around my yard (owning a trailer and having a landscape company a mile or so away that sells by the 1/2 yard gets me in trouble). I like the egg rock around the pool because it is round, so debris blow out fairly easily - leaves, grass, etc . Smaller stone, or angular rock looks good, but I hate picking stuff out of it.

27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo