Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to us, unknown pool brand

1. Back To Top    #1

New to us, unknown pool brand

Hello all and welcome to the early stages of pool season!!
    We just acquired a free above ground pool to replace the 6yr old pro series as seen in my avatar. All I know about it is that it is 24ft and has a 52" sidewall height. The top rails, rail caps, bottom rails, bead receiver, and bottom plates are all resin or pvc. The wall and the top plates are the only thing that is metal.
    I have been looking all over trying to find what brand or company made this pool but so far no luck. I was hoping that maybe someone on here might have a clue as to what brand this pool is.
    Here it is in its old location.

Here's a close up of some of the top rails.

And the rail caps

No where can I find anything stamped on any piece, no numbers, names, logos, nothing. Any ideas on a brand or manufacturer would be greatly appreciated. It came from my uncle's rent house and the people that put it in are long gone so we can't ask them about it. Everything is in excellent shape other than one warped bottom rail that needs replacing and of course a new liner. Just Frustrating!
    Thanks!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to us, unknown pool brand

No help here I have to say how LUCKY you are though!

I wonder if you took a picture of the outside to the big pool companies in your town if they would remember that pattern?

Good luck!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I was never good at *Name That Pool* but you got a good deal!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

This pool is in such great shape. Just wish I knew what it was to get a new bottom track piece. I did think of going to the 3 different pool stores in town and seeing if they have any record of an install at that address. Maybe that is what I'll have to try and do tomorrow. Thanks. And if anyone has any other thoughts they're greatly appreciated. The goal is to get the old one out and this one in place my Memorial day!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

Good luck!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

hummmmmmmmm just an idea-----------how about seeing about just ordering one that is for your size pool, made of the same stuff??? Just how different can they be???

Just throwing ideas out there.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Are there any part numbers molded into the resin parts? Do a google search using just the part number, or add a small description, like "Part xx112233 Top Cap"
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Are all 24ft pools the same as far as the number of components go? This one has 17 columns and 18 bottom tracks and top rails. I'm sure if it's the right length than any replacement would work but this is what I'm unsure on. My luck is each brand is different and use different number of components.

As far as finding any part numbers, there so far are not any that we've seen on anything we've been cleaning yet. The uprights and the bottom and top plates are still in the back of the truck along with the pool wall. I will look over every one of those really well again. Maybe we overlooked something during the tear down.

The track is pvc so maybe it could be reshaped with a heat gun??? It won't work in its current form so I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Once the process begins I will post pics of the progress.
    Thanks

9. Back To Top    #9

Hummmmmmmmm That is a very good question.

I am no expert but try to think outside the box.

I would...............

-try the heat gun

If that fails

-measure one of the good pieces and call all of the the above ground pool places and ask them if any of their pieces are so and so big.

GOOD LUCK!

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

Try laying the PVC parts in the sun and see if they fix themselves, been known to happen.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

11. Back To Top    #11

This may seem weird but maybe you could look into local machine or fabricating shops and see if they can duplicate the piece. Maybe someone has a 3D printer that could do it?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

why you're never pay it this and I just posted pictures of the same exact pool I'm trying who made it made it also mine is 27x52

13. Back To Top    #13

So I haven't had time and it's been raining here a lot so I didn't get to the pool stores around here yet. We have to go price out liners so I will take one good piece and the wonky one and see what they have to say about a replacement. If that fails I guess we will have to try the heat gun or see if maybe Eaton can fab something up that would work.

14. Back To Top    #14

Hi well after many nights on the interweb I think I found who made the pools look up wilbar cypress parts I think this is what we have

15. Back To Top    #15

I've seen the wilbar cypress in my search as well and the caps are a dead match but everything in their literature states the top rail is 8.5" steel and ours are not steel but I believe vinyl or a resin. But I am also leaning towards it almost having to be a wilbar brand considering everything else looks exactly like what we both have.

16. Back To Top    #16

Wilbar makes about 6 brands and are one of the largest manufacturers, many without a known name.

It is not unheard of for one pool to resin and another to have metal top rails. Just different options to get different price points and make comparisons impossible. It makes one different from another for sales reasons.
    -- Guy --

17. Back To Top    #17

If you have any luck finding parts please let me know I need the liner track
    Thanks