Vertical SWG install, sanity check

Sep 17, 2014
Atoka, TN
Based on what I've read on the forum, it doesn't seem like what I'm trying to do will be a problem......but I wanted to make sure before I start gluing PVC together.The image below is what my plan is. That is a picture of the vertical install kit off the discountsaltpool.com website, but I flipped it vertically to make it work with my setup. It's only 38 inches directly from point A (filter out) to point B (return) in the image so that doesn't leave me a lot of room if I go horizontally with my cell (Circupool SI30+). Any glaring issues with what I'm trying to do? My main concern is having it installed upside down based on what the kit is showing, maintaining proper water flow etc. My old Permasalt system had the copper cell thing screwed directly onto point A (hence the tape on the threads), so maybe I'm over complicating this and can do that with the SI30+, putting the flow sensor behind the cell? Thanks in advance.

swg-install.jpg

I'm afraid I do not like that configuration. Having said that, it may work, not sure 100%. The flow switch MUST have at least 12 inches of pipe (straight run) before it. If you install the flow switch after the cell, you can count the cell in the 12 inch guideline. Why wouldn't you just install a straight run, or as close to straight as possible from point A to point B ?? 38 inches is plenty long, the cell is approximately 13 inches long.

Another limitation is that the path from the SWG to the return fitting should be upwards, so any gas in the SWG goes through the return.

You can easily get the 12" of straight pipe by putting the flow switch at the bottom of the pipe run it is pictured in.

Personally, I would run hose from the filter to near the ground below the return fitting and then install the SWG in a near vertical run straight up to the return fitting.

So it sounds like I'm better off going straight to the ground from point A, install the cell horizontal across the span, then back up to point B. Flow switch in front of the cell after 12" of straight pipe. Goal here is hard plumb with PVC, so my next question is do I need to support the cell across the ground, so it rests on something? Or let the 1 1/2" PVC handle support?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.