Pool Heater Questions

Jun 29, 2012
Glen Burnie, MD
Just purchased a pool heater for my 18' pool. Not sure on the connection, but want to use Propane due to natural gas not an option in my area..

What size propane tank should I use? Does the tank need a regulator? Does anyone know what size of the connection within the heater?? The install manual doesn't specify the size.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Your propane supplier will be the best one to answer the question on size, regulator, etc. As to the connection size we won't know either as we don't know what model/type of heater you have. Is the heater set up to run on propane?

If it is the propane model it should be 100ID"P"1 unless someone installed a conversion kit. Either way the gas valve will have a 1/2" NPT threaded port for the incoming supply

Your correct, it is Hayward H100IDP1. I have the propane supplier calling me for an appointment to check things out.

I was told at the pool place that I could use a 100lb tank, bad thing is to take it somewhere and get filled would be a pain in the butt! I may just have suppliers add a tank and refill whenever needed.

When it comes to propane and the H100 a 100lb tank is minimal. I have forgotten the gallon equivalent to 100lbs. I recommend at least a 150 gallon tank. Remember with propane as the tank goes down the amount of gas that can be used is reduced and at some point the heater will not light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.